Instructor: Deborah Lemon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Hours: TBA 2312 Newark Campus
Also, available via Skype and Facebook
|Class sections, Days and Times||Room and Building|
- In this 5 unit course you will
learn further essential elements of Spanish language structure, vocabulary,
and aspects of Hispanic culture. Spanish 101B focuses on advanced grammar and communication skills. You will be introduced to the Preterite and Imperfect past, Future
and Perfect tenses as well as the Conditional and the Subjunctive mood.
Additionally, this course is designed to provide you with information on
Hispanic culture, emphasizing the diversity among Spanish-speaking countries.
This course is five (5) credit units with a 1-hour lab because you are working on (and graded on) reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
One (1) of these lecture hours is online and will be fulfilled by preparing for the class topics prior to attending class. You will need to read and review the assigned textbook pages as well as the linked Grammar Note materials on www.drlemon.com as they are listed for each class on the Horario [class schedule.]
This one (1) hour of lecture work is in ADDITION to the online & project homework.
- In class we will concentrate on listening and speaking skills through a variety of activities.
- You will prepare for these activities by successfully completing your online lecture and homework requirements.
REQUIRED TEXTS & equipment:
If you have materials from last semester with profe Lemon, you don't have to buy anything new!
- Dawson: Dicho y Hecho, 9th ed. Textbook
- This is the SAME textbook used in my Spanish 101A classes
- Note: if you need a copy of the text, there is a reserve copy in the Newark library (Cranium Café) and a free scanner is available.
- Dawson: Dicho
y Hecho, 9th ed. Electronic Online Activity Manual Book Key Code: The online workbook and lab manual are purchased online only.
- AGAIN, If you already have a Quia Books account from Spanish 101A, you need only log in and add the new Course Code provided by your instructor.
- If you need to purchase the online homework, Go to the Virtual Lab page to get directions for setting up your Quia Account and purchasing the Activities Manual. The 101B Course Code is provided by your instructor.
FaceBook is REQUIRED:
This course is taught with a Secret Facebook Group. You must have a Facebook account. Send a Friend Request to "Profe Lemon" and identify yourself as an Ohlone College Online Spanish Student in the personal message area of the friend request. I will verify you on the roster and then add you to the Private group. If you have a nickname for your Facebook profile, please include your actual name in the Personal Message.
- A WebCam and a microphone you can use with your computer is required. There will be recorded video exercises.
- A set of headphones with a microphone to use with your computer is highly recommended for your oral practice and listening exercises.
You must be able to submit video recordings that are clearly visible and audible in the Facebook Group. Muffled or dim recordings as well as dark or poorly lit video images for whatever reason will not be accepted for grading. Since I will be watching 100 individual WebCams over and over, while bleary-eyed and wired on 3 cups of coffee, I will have the patience of a wounded hyena.
- You are required to have ONE (1) session with the online/in-person tutor, Alaina Gold, PER Month for a semester total of (4) video chat sessions with the online tutor. This means one session during the
- Fall semester in September; October; November; & December
- Spring semester in February; March; April; & May.
- Your best use of your time with the tutor is to practice your webcam presentations or projects with her before you record them in the group. But you can also use the time for questions and other practice. You are free to meet with her more than 4 sessions.