Spanish1O1A covers Chapters 1-7 inclusive in the textbook, workbook and lab manual.
- Workbook assignments are found on the Quia books website. Most of the exercises provide you with instant feedback as to whether you answered the question correctly or not. Other exercises provide suggested possible answers from which your answer may vary. And a few are open-ended which I will review. Feel free to email me questions about the questions and your answers in these sections and I will answer them.
- Practice by working on workbook exercises on a daily basis.
Repeat them to be sure you inderstand the grammar concept and spelling.
DO NOT click on "Submit" for any exercise unless you have genuinely attempted the exercise. If you have not finished an exercise or decide you don't want to do it, click on "Previous", "Next", or "Back". Submitting exercises without doing the exercise or typing quick incomplete answers in order to get the answers will result in a zero on all work to date, a zero (F) on the class participation grade, and a report to the appropriate deans with copies of your computer transcript. You may be dropped by your instructor.
- Workbook assignments have end dates that are computer-controlled. Late and/or incomplete (any skipped sections) homework is not accepted for credit.
- I look for how thoroughly you work on any exercises, not how perfectly you answer them. The self-correcting (where provided) shows me -and you- areas you understand and those areas where you need more practice.
- The workbook and lab manual homework will always directly correspond to the assigned grammar reading.
- Thoroughly reading the assigned pages prepares you for the in-class activities. Lack of preparation will mean no participation grade for that class period.
- Projects & homework will be turned in when you arrive at the start of class. Do not submit homework during or at the end of class. Homework done in class will not receive credit and will result in a zero for that day's participation grade.
- Copying from the Answer Key prompts of the computer exercises or of the written Workbook, copying on Lab Manuals -ANY copied or plagarized work, work submitted that is not your own, clicking "I have completed this exercise" when the computer tracking shows you have not done this exercise, and/or any other form of Academic Dishonesty will result in a zero on the copied or plagiarized work as well as any work submitted prior to this work. The student will receive an F for the Class Participation grade. The student also may be dropped from the course and/or reported to the Dean of Students.